Made by the Chef Aldo Rivaldi
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
– 4 Large eggs, separated
– 300ml Milk
– 50g Flour
– 45 Sugar for egg yolks
– 15g vanilla extract
– 10 Lemon/ lime zest
– 1g Salt
– 45g Sugar for egg whites
– For coating the ramekins baking spray and sugar
– Topping powdered sugar
– Preheat oven to 180C
– Prepare ramekins: Brush the ramekins with baking spray and then, coat the ramekins with sugar. This will make the soufflé to rise evenly.
– In a medium saucepan bring milk to a simmer.
– In another saucepan mix yolks with 45g sugar until slightly pale and add flour and whisk to combine. Pour about a third of the hot milk over the egg yolk mixture to temper the yolks. Add the rest of the milk and return to heat. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously; cook 1-2 minutes more or until thickened.
– Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and lemon zest and let cool slightly
– In a separate bowl whip eggs white with a pinch of salt until foamy. Gradually add r 45g of sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form and gradually fold the whipped whites into the yolk mixture.
– Divide mixture evenly into the prepared ramekins and place the filled ramekins in a bain-marie to bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and puffed
– Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
– Enjoy your soufflé!
Aldo Rivaldi has study Food Preparation & Culinary Arts in City & Guilds, Food Preparation & Cooking in City & Guilds and works at present as Demi Chef de Partie in Nautilus Resort Rarotonga. Follow Aldo in Facebook