Made by the Pastry Chef Sol Arceo
Devil’s Cake is called this way in contrast to Angel cake, both have a North American origin. Devil’s Cake is made with dark chocolate while Angel Cake is made with white chocolate. The photo does not lie, it’s truly a delight for the senses. We invite you to do it at home!
Moist chocolate dough:
– 3 Eggs
– 175gr Butter
– 400gr Black sugar
– 100gr Unsweetened cocoa
– 280gr All purpose flour
– 10 gr Baking soda
– 185gr Milk
_ 185gr Hot coffee
– Vanilla essence
– 400gr Cream
– 250gr Dark chocolate
– 100gr Creamed butter
- For the wet dough, beat the butter with the sugar until you have a pale brown cream.
- Add the eggs and the essence, emulsify well.
- Add the flour, the baking soda and the cocoa alternating with the milk and the coffee. Mix until you have a smooth, lump-free consistency.
- Place in an 18cm mold prepared with vegetable spray and cook in a medium preheated oven at 160° C until firm. Let it cool down before slicing.
- For the chocolate cream, bring the cream to a boil and add to the chopped chocolate. Leave it 5 minutes so the chocolate can melt. Mix well and add the creamed butter. Refrigerate and beat for 3 minutes with a mixer.
- To assemble the cake, slice the chocolate sponge cake into 4 layers. Fill with the chocolate cream and cover the sides and surface with the same cream. Finish with crumbs of the same wet dough.
- Enjoy it!
SOL ARCEO studied professional Bakery and Pastry at the Gato Dumas School, works as a Pastry teacher and provides delicious cakes & chocolates at special events. She specializes in cake decorating, avant-garde chocolate, French pastry and nutrition. Follow Sol on Instagram and Facebook.