Made by the Pastry Chef Sol Arceo
– 300gr Fresh peaches
– 100gr Sugar
– 50gr Butter
Coconut and almond dough:
– 120gr Sugar
– 120gr Oil
– 2 Eggs
– 140gr Self-rising flour
– 50gr Rum (or milk if you prefer)
– 40gr Grated coconut
– Optional: 50gr Chopped toasted almonds
1. Weigh the ingredients for the dough. Join the dry ones in a bowl.
2. Beat the eggs with sugar until you get a foam.
3. Add the rum and the oil alternating with the dry ingredients.
4. Integrate with a spatula and fold in.
5. Prepare the mold, in this case we use a 18 cm mold.
6. Grease the mold.
IMPORTANT: place a circle of baking paper on the base and grease it as well. Cover with sugar the sides and add a lot of sugar over the baking paper base.
7. Cover the base with slices of peach or the fruit of your choice. If the fruit has syrup, remove the excess of liquid.
8. Add the sponge cake preparation over the fruits.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C until the dough is golden brown and when a toothpick comes out dry and clean.
10. Once it’s out of the oven, run a knife along the edge of the cake to remove the dough.
11. Leave it in the mold until it is warm. Only then, we are able to put the cake out of the mold and remove the baking paper.
– If you want the best shine, you can paint the fruit with syrup or peach jam.
– This cake it’s ideal to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
SOL ARCEO had study Professional Bakery & Pastry at the Gato Dumas School, she work as Tutor of Pastry and providing delicious cakes & chocolates for special events. Specialized in cake decorations, avant-garde chocolaterie, french pastry and nutrition. Follow Sol at Instagram and Facebook