Made by the Pastry Chef Sol Arceo
As you imagine, the lunettes recipe was created in France. Lunette means glasses, because of the resemblance of these pastries to traditional round glasses. You can also fill your lunettes with a thickened lemon curd, with chocolate cream or with dulce de leche (if you can get it in your area). They are exquisite in all their variations!
– 1 Egg
– 100gr Sugar
– 200gr Creamed butter
– 300gr All purpose flour
– Vanilla essence
– 200gr Raspberry jam
– 200gr Orange marmalade
– Icing sugar
- Beat the creamed butter with the sugar and the vanilla essence until you have a pale cream.
- Add the egg and emulsify.
- Add the flour and unify without kneading in excess.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to stretch. Roll out on the floured countertop until it is ½ cm thick. Cut the pieces with an 8cm cutter and, in the middle of them, remove a central 4cm circle.
- Place on a clean plate and cook in a pre-heated high oven at 180 ° C until you get a pale golden brown.
- Let it cool down before filling with the jam of the desired flavor. Decorate with plenty of icing sugar.
- Enjoy them!
SOL ARCEO studied professional Bakery and Pastry at the Gato Dumas School, works as a Pastry teacher and provides delicious cakes & chocolates at special events. She specializes in cake decorating, avant-garde chocolate, French pastry and nutrition. Follow Sol on Instagram and Facebook.