Made by the Pastry Chef Sol Arceo
Surely you already know this dessert created in Italy, we share the recipe so you can make it at home.
Vanilla sponge cake:
– 2 Eggs
– 90gr Sugar
– 20gr Neutral oil
– 120gr All purposes flour
– 5 gr Baking powder
– 50gr Milk
– Vanilla essence
– 250gr Milk cream
– 250gr Mascarpone cheese
– 100gr Sugar
– 6gr Unflavored gelatin
– 40gr Cold water
– 20gr Instant coffee
– 200gr Hot water
– Bitter cocoa to sprinkle
– Optional: coffee liqueur
- For the vanilla sponge cake, beat the eggs with the vanilla essence and the sugar until you have a foamy preparation.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, alternating with the oil and the milk. Mix with enveloping movements until you have a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
- Place in a 20cm mold prepared with vegetable spray and cook in a preheated medium oven at 160 ° C until firm.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Optional, add the coffee liqueur.
- For the mascarpone cream, hydrate the unflavored gelatin by sprinkling it over the cold water. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until a semi-beaten point, add the mascarpone cheese with a spatula.
- Heat the gelatin for 15 seconds in the microwave or in a double boiler until liquid and clear. Add 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone cream to homogenize densities. Add to the cream and reserve.
- Place a layer of sponge cake in the same baking tin. Moisten abundantly with coffee and place half of the mascarpone cream.
- Place the remaining sponge cake dough, moisten again and finish with the mascarpone cream.
- Refrigerate 12 hours to be able to unmold and finish with sprinkled bitter cocoa.
- Enjoy it!
SOL ARCEO studied professional Bakery and Pastry at the Gato Dumas School, works as a Pastry teacher and provides delicious cakes & amp; chocolates at special events. She specializes in cake decorating, avant-garde chocolate, French pastry and nutrition. Follow Sol on Instagram and Facebook.